CWC HealthTech Advisors is a San Diego company that makes investments in portfolio companies, independently, or with others. We invest in health technology companies, primarily in the San Diego area of Southern California.
By identifying, investing in and assisting companies with robust intellectual property strategies and discernable paths to revenue or likely exit, we aim to provide companies with the capital and knowledge to help them thrive.
We know that soaring costs in the $2.6 trillion U.S. healthcare economy are posing ever-greater challenges to health technology innovators.
- we understand that new technologies must improve healthcare outcomes while simultaneously saving healthcare dollars;
- we believe we can minimize regulatory and reimbursement risks by seeking out new technologies that can be developed economically and brought to market to generate returns expeditiously;
- we know San Diego and southern California are a hotbed of new healthcare technologies;
- we have seen how disappointing returns realized by many very large health-tech venture funds (that is, funds greater than $500 million) over the last ten years have caused a decline in that traditional source of innovation-funding;
- and we know that, as a result, there is a disproportionate number of health-tech opportunities seeking funding; and finally,
- we believe we have extensive hands-on operating and intellectual property experience to help (and, in some cases, actively manage) enterprises and new technologies and bring them to market quickly and efficiently.